1000 km with my Hyundai Alcazar P AT: Professionals, cons & preliminary observations
The gas effectivity is round 7 – 8.5 km/l within the metropolis and 12 km/l on highways.
BHPian Ays7 not too long ago shared this with different fans.
Took supply of our Starry Night time, Petrol AT, 6 Seater, Signature (O) Alcazar in June. Although I havenât pushed it a lot, listed here are my preliminary ideas and shopping for expertise.
2018 Vento 1.2 TSI DSG. It was on a 4-year firm lease that expired in April 2022. Therefore there was a must get a brand new experience, regardless that Vento was cherished and had simply 17,000 km on the ODO. Therefore, we have been considering choices as to what to do. Our final experience was a Verna SX (O) Computerized Petrol as nicely and we additionally personal a Ciaz, MT Delta (2017) Petrol (now transformed into CNG as nicely). We needed to let go of the Verna on the 4-year interval as nicely after simply 16K on the ODO.
We’re a household of seven adults and one toddler (15 months) and my dad is a whole paralytic, so we want one correct sedan with full boot area for his wheelchair, in addition to a sedan that’s straightforward for him to get into. Nonetheless, this time the itch to maneuver to a crossover/SUV was additionally there simply to combine and alter issues up.
As a result of this, on condition that Ciaz was transformed to CNG which meant compromised boot area, we determined to maintain the Vento. The residual worth on Vento was is round 3.4 Lakhs together with GST, so paid that and stored it. Despatched it to a service centre for inspection and managed to get an extra one-year guarantee on it for some extra peace of thoughts. Although I’ve had no points in any respect with Vento to this point aside from one malfunctioning ABS sensor, that was changed beneath guarantee.
That being determined and organized, we determined to examine the Psuedo SUV segments. The preliminary finances was round Rs 20-22 lakhs on highway and began taking check drives in November – December. Automobiles checked:
- Skoda Kushaq: This was the primary automotive on my Radar. Although the remainder of the household wasnât too eager. And but we fell in love with the using dynamics and sorted dealing with. We check drove 1.5 DSG, as certainly one of our necessities was an Auto and I didn’t wish to downgrade from 1.2 TSI Engine. The interiors have been a letdown although from Vento. I had nonetheless someway managed to e book the Kushaq after which the ORVM fiasco occurred and it put us off as we have to fold down ORVMs often whereas entering into a good parking spot in our society. Due to this fact having to fold the mirrors manually wasnât simply sensible nor was fascinating in a automotive that prices 21 massive ones in Mumbai and therefore dropped.
- VW Taigun: Most popular the Kushaq over this, plus low-cost material seats and no ventilated seats within the high finish as nicely and the ORVM fiasco and this was out as nicely.
- MG Astor: Cherished the interiors, felt plush however discovered the three-pot engine to be noisy.
- XUV 700: This was in consideration for five seater model – however no 5-seater top-end model and non-adjustable rear seats put us off.
- Hyundai Creta: As soon as we drove the DCT Turbo model of this automotive, and as soon as the household noticed the large sunroof, there was no trying again. The interiors have been plush, and good high quality and the loaded model got here with 6 Airbags, so this was proper on our shortlist.
- Kia Seltos: Checked this after the Creta and we have been a divided bunch, some wished Creta solely for EPB and Large sunroof whereas some wished Seltos for that HUD. Nonetheless, after driving each vehicles again to again, Hyundai gained on using and dealing with dynamics.
So we booked Hyundai Creta DCT Turbo SX (O) on twenty seventh January 2022 with the understanding that supply would take 8-10 weeks. Reserving was executed at Modi Hyundai. Nonetheless, come the primary week of Might there was no signal of supply and the supplier indicated that it will likely be a number of extra weeks on the very least due to the continuing chip scarcity.
It was at the moment that we determined that we might reside with Alcazar as an alternative if it was obtainable sooner. Since this automotive could be principally be utilized by 3 or at max 4 adults, and nobody could be within the backseat as we normally use our second automotive as nicely on lengthy journeys involving the household.
So we requested about Hyundai Alcazarâs top-end Petrol model – 6 Seater. The automotive feels very Creta-like to drive and even my spouse who hasnât pushed crossovers earlier than might deal with it simply. 360-degree digicam helped navigate and allay her parking fears. So we determined to e book it. Mody Hyundai stated that it will take 4-6 weeks for supply for our color – Starry Night time. We stored the reserving but additionally began taking a look at different sellers.
Only a few days later, Shreem Hyundai knowledgeable us that the automotive we wished was in inventory and may very well be allotted to us. I instantly paid the preliminary reserving quantity and requested ORIX, with whom we now have an association by way of the employer to proceed with Automobile Lease. We got VIN and Chassis numbers nearly instantly. The thread at Staff-BHP was helpful as I found that the automotive was manufactured on eleventh Might 2022. I went with my brother for PDI whereas ORIX made the lease papers. Glad we gave them a go-ahead and took supply on seventh June 2022.
Shopping for expertise: This was kinda impersonal when the salesperson came upon that we might be taking a automotive by way of a company lease and the individual attending us realised that the reserving wouldnât be routed by way of them however the showroomâs company man. Nonetheless, the check drive and supply experiences have been passable.
For equipment, I simply picked up mud flaps and ground mats and ORIX insured that we might get insurance coverage by way of them, so it was straightforward.
But to choose up the prolonged guarantee, considering it. The plan is to maintain the automotive for five years after which change it as soon as the lease expires. My operating is lower than 500 Kms a month. So we’re not sure however will go along with it principally for added peace of thoughts.
The supply in cost on the Shreem Hyundaiâs Mahalaxmi was incredible and helped clarify every facet of the automotive. Even made us obtain Bluelink and create an account and present the way it labored.
So after 2 months and nearly 1000 Kms on the ODO listed here are my ideas:
- The two-litre petrol engine does the job nicely even with Computerized. There’s an imperceptible lag earlier than 1500 RPM however it doesnât annoy. Even the ECO mode works nicely within the Metropolis. I’ve been driving round in Metropolis with Eco mode and it feels enough. The two.0 Ltr petrol engine doesn’t really feel underpowered in any respect.
- The Auto maintain perform is a god despatched in Mumbai site visitors. I find it irresistible, and I donât assume that we are able to return to not utilizing it.
- The ending within the automotive is top-notch, even the standard of arduous plastics is nice.
- The panoramic sunroof, although a gimmick for me personally, is one thing the household loves and adores. The drives in rain are extra nice.
- The Automobile feels actually Creta prefer to drive, you don’t actually really feel like you’re driving an enormous automotive, and it helps.
- I took the automotive to Lonavla in scary rains, and the automotive drove by way of the ghats rather well even with 4 passengers and a full load of bags. By no means as soon as did the automotive really feel underpowered in any method.
- There was a 1.5. Km stretch in Patna was like driving on a waterfall, because the highway was washed away. The automotive dealt with downslopes nicely, however at one specific level at an upwards incline, there was a slight hesitation and the automotive appeared caught, however it picked up as quickly as I put the automotive in âMudâ mode and pulled by way of.
- The AC works rather well, havenât had a grievance as but. Will see the way it works in peak summers although.
- The mileage I get is round 7 – 8.5 km/l in cities and 12-ish on highways. I plan to do a Mumbai – Ahmedabad drive early subsequent month and can get a greater sense of freeway mileage at the moment. I don’t anticipate to drive the automotive for greater than 1000 Kms a month. So I’m not involved about mileage at this level.
- I really feel the lifeless pedal isn’t positioned very comfortably, and it does get a while getting used to. I want it was barely broader.
- No Rain-Sensing wipers. They have been there in my Vento and really feel nice. I miss them right here.
- The automotive lacks outright grunt and energy surge like my Vento 1.2 TSI. Nonetheless, the two.0 engine greater than makes up for it.
- No illuminated switches on the motive force aspect for home windows. Come on Hyundai – that is fundamental stuff, I ponder why it isnât there.
- I am unable to discover a method to open the boot of the automotive from contained in the automotive. Possibly I simply must discover the automotive a bit extra to seek out that out.
- The brakes, whereas enough lack the chunk or really feel, and aren’t confidence-inspiring on the first go.
- The throw of headlights at evening is barely enough.
Total, the automotive appears and feels nice, and I’ll add extra as I discover and drive extra.
Guarantee, I’ve not taken an prolonged guarantee, however will take it quickly. Questioning if I ought to take it only for the 4-Fifth 12 months or take it until 7 years. Ordinarily, I don’t maintain vehicles for greater than 5 years. Will take a name within the subsequent few days because the automotive is due for its first service.
Take a look at BHPian feedback for extra insights and data.